Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Front Porch '09 and '10

Front Porch Summer 2009
Some years are better then others... for gardens, at least. In the summer of 2009, all the planters were lush, the grass was green, the birds were chirping,... everything was happy! 
Front Porch Fall 2010
In 2010- work became incredibly busy, there was a record dry summer, hardly any time was spent at home, and I unfortunately picked out plants that were all monochromatic. It seemed like a great idea at the time. In May, I spent hours at the most wonderful nursery, Victoria Gardens, painstakingly choosing my plants- all in orange hues. Now that I look at the planters in the fall, they're boring and much too subtle. I'm so bored with them, I don't even want to water. Believe me, the plants are pissed and about to uproot themselves and move out. Secretly, I hope they do. I'm already thinking about what my scheme will be for 2011. 

No comments: